Because you want to be part of a team that will:
- Improve language teaching in Chile by fostering the exchange of ideas, resources, information, and experiences among English teachers through national and regional conferences, print materials (such as this newsletter), and an Internet website;
- Promote better standards of teacher training (both pre- and in-service);
- Encourage research and scholarship;
- Advise teachers, when appropriate, in dealing with government and official bodies on professional matters;
- Serve as consultants and advisors to other educational groups;
- Communicate regularly with TESOL affiliate organizations in other Latin American countries (especially the Southern Cone region);
- Maintain beneficial contacts with other language associations; and
- Benefit from organizational support from our U.S.-based parent organization, TESOL, Inc., which offers opportunities for networking, information exchange, grants and other services.
WHAT BENEFITS DO MEMBERS GET?
All members will:
- Receive information from TESOL CHILE about conferences and other related news;
- Be able to vote in TESOL CHILE’s executive committee elections, and to run for office;
- Be eligible to attend TESOL Inc.’s annual convention in the United States or Canada;
- Receive exclusive, password-protected access to certain services on TESOL CHILE’s website (e.g., newsletters, forums, bulletin boards and chat rooms); and
- Be entered in a directory of member names and contact information that is distributed to all members.
For information on how to become a member of TESOL CHILE, please contact tesolchile at gmail.com
YOU CAN ALSO GET A GLOBAL MEMBERSHIP WITH TESOL.ORG, OUR PARENT ORGANIZATION AT REDUCED PRICES!
HOW DO YOU BECOME A MEMBER?
By attending one of our conferences you immediately become a member for a year. Your membership is renewed by attending the follwing year’s conference.